Sun, Oct 30|
Want to join us for an obstacle 5k this October!? Go to spartan.com and sign up for Virginia Spartan Event Weekend: 5k, 20 obstacles, 9:15a heat. Then join team Training House!
Time & Location
Oct 30, 2022, 9:15 AM
Arrington, 1510 Diggs Mountain Rd, Arrington, VA 22922, USA
About the Event
Infinity Downs and Oak Ridge Farm has seen its fair share of musical legends at the annual four-day LOCKN' music festival. But now, these expansive grassy fields and tortuous jeep trails make room for a new kind of legend: thousands of Spartans reaching for the edges of possibility.
Nelson County is home to 45 miles of Appalachian Trail. Ascend the Blue Ridge Mountains from Rt. 56 in Tyro for a stunning active recovery hike. Or, if you’re looking for a challenge, hike 2 miles from the Montebello Fish Hatchery to Spy Rock for a 360-degree panoramic view of numerous peaks.
Nature isn’t the only thing that’s preserved on this pristine landscape, journey back in time at one of Nelson County Preserve’s several weather-worn 19th-Century dwellings. There is simply no substitute for a breathtaking sunrise on the Blue Ridge Mountains. Rest up post race at Wintergreen Resort, just 20 miles away from the race venue.
This weekend also features Spartan Trail Races.
All finishers receive a T-shirt, medal and professional photos, and every registration comes with access to the Spartan Account to track your tickets, race results, photos, teams, and challenges.
What To Bring
- Your ID
- Barcode (printed or saved to your phone) (find it in your Spartan Account)
- Towel, waterproof bag, & extra (dry) clothes/shoes
- Sunscreen & hydration
- Headlamps are recommended for later start times
- We recommend wearing performance gear (compression bottoms and breathable tops)
- Comfortable shoes that you’ve trained in, but are OK to get dirty. Get an OCR-tested shoe and gear up for race day in the Spartan Shop What Not To Bring
- Outside food and drink (fuel for the race is OK)
- Pets (bring your support animal ID to register)
- Negative Attitude